Georgia Tech BlueJeans Collaboration
Georgia Tech Self-Service BlueJeans Site: https://gatech.bluejeans.com/
A self-service online collaboration platform, BlueJeans facilitates on-demand, real-time, collaborative meetings and conferencing utilizing a variety of endpoint platforms.
Authentication to BlueJeans is provided via Georgia Tech Single Sign On (SSO)
BlueJeans Collaboration allows one to:
- Collaborate online via multiple platforms
- Share computer desktop and PowerPoint presentations
- Bridge VTC Endpoints with Soft Clients, Lync/Skype for Business and Phone dial-in
- Collaborate using chat feature
- Record the meeting for future reference and transfer to archive of your choice
BlueJeans works with Windows, Linux via WebRTC, Mac OS, & Videoconferencing Endpoints. Native apps are available for iPhone, iPad & Android. Participants can connect from their desktop, notebook, smartphone, tablet computer, or Lync/Skype For Business client. Voice Participants may join the conference via phone dial in. BlueJeans meetings may be recorded for later viewing.
For an improved Audio experience:
- Avoid playing music.
- Avoid background noise.
- PC microphones are very sensitive and tend to pick up background noise. Some environments & configurations provide a high gain feedback loop between the mic and the speaker. This can overwhelm the built in echo cancellation and create a feedback loop which will cause a loud echo.
- Speak slowly and avoid speaking during slide transitions. This will help manage bandwidth utilization and minimize network congestion.