Georgia Tech BlueJeans Collaboration
Georgia Tech Self-Service BlueJeans Site: https://gatech.bluejeans.com/
A self-service online collaboration platform, BlueJeans Network facilitates on-demand, real-time, collaborative meetings and conferencing utilizing a variety of endpoint platforms. The Institute deployment provides unlimited availability for faculty, staff, and students to schedule meetings that anyone can participate in or present via.
Authentication to BlueJeans is provided via Georgia Tech Single Sign On (SSO)
BlueJeans Collaboration allows one to:
- Collaborate online via multiple platforms
- Share computer desktop and PowerPoint presentations
- Bridge VTC Endpoints with Soft Clients, Lync/Skype for Business and POTS Phone
- Collaborate using chat feature
- Record and archive the meeting for future reference
BlueJeans works with Windows, Linux (via WebRTC) & Mac OS X, Videoconferencing Endpoints, and native apps are available for iPhone, iPad & Android. Participants can connect from their desktop, notebook, smartphone, tablet computer, or Lync/Skype For Business client. Voice Participants may join the conference via phone dial in. BlueJeans meetings may be recorded for later viewing.
For an improved Audio experience:
- Avoid playing music.
- Avoid background noise.
- PC microphones are very sensitive and tend to pick up background noise. Some environments & configurations provide a high gain feedback loop between the mic and the speaker. This can overwhelm the built in echo cancellation and create a feedback loop which will cause a loud echo.
- Speak slowly and avoid speaking during slide transitions. This will help manage bandwidth utilization and minimize network congestion.